Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thank You Sister Lawrence

I just have to say, "I LOVE my Wednesday scripture class!" It is the absolute highlight of my week.

Every Wednesday, Sister Lawrence hosts a scripture class in her home. She is such a great resource for Gospel topics and speaks to my soul. The amazing thing to me is that she seems to teach to every level (I have been in institute classes before where I've felt like I signed up for a Spanish class and everyone is from Mexico except me). I never feel dumb or (too) lost when the topic is new to me (which is usually the case).

She teaches in a way that I get something out of every class. I always leave wanting to be better and do better in all the important areas of my life. What a great gift.

Several times now as I am driving out of her neighborhood, I will begin to reach for the radio then, instead of turning it on, I start to pray (I hope THAT'S not against the law). I love it when I am alone in my car and can pour out my heart to the Lord. I always thank the Lord for Sister Lawrence and her willingness to serve and share her knowledge of the Gospel and I recommit myself to living the Gospel more fully.

Even though it will never be enough, let me say, "thank you Sister Lawrence." "You are such an inspiration to me and many others. You may never know (in this life) what a huge impact you are having on so many lives."

Love you, Amy

4 comments:

haley said...

I loved her class, I need to get back in gear. I agree it is was so great to have such a positive spiritual uplift in the middle of the week. I too am so grateful for the service she is providing. I will get back, I promise!

shelleyv said...

I totally agree with you. I get a little choked up when I think about it. Her class has changed my life. She is such an amazing teacher and motivator. She uses her talents to help make all of us better people, wives and mothers.

Thanks for your post! You are the best writer!

The Brown Team said...

I love that I get to see your blog and this post is 100% true. I think I"m having withdrawals from not going. I need to find a baby sitter but realize there is a time and season for everything so Scripture class might not work for a few years and that just kills me.
Amy you are such a doll and ray of light. love ya

Kimberly said...

Hey! I can't turn on the radio when I leave her class either. I find myself wanting to keep the spirit that I felt in her class, and hope it lasts the whole day through. It Rocks! I usually end up calling my mom and sharing what I learned with her. It helps imprint all the info into by scrambled brain.