Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Break!!

I LOVE spring break (or any other type of break for that matter). I do remember back when my kids were little, not yet old enough to babysit, that I would sometimes dread the time off but not anymore and not for a long time now. I totally love kicking back with my kids. Sleeping in late, watching TV, eating too much, going to the movies etc. I guess I'm really just a lazy bum at heart. Oh well, these are always the best bonding times with my kids.

I was talking to my friend Shannon today and we figured out that we only have four more "spring breaks" left until we are both empty nesters. Wow! How did that happen? It makes me sad to see this part of my life coming to an end. I guess I thought I would have kids at home forever.

One thing I have learned is that life moves on and that is what forces us to grow. I am going to miss "breaks" with my kids but until they are all out of the house I am going to continue to love the time we have together. Life is amazing. I love being a wife and mother and I am so thankful that I have a hard working husband who allows me to spend time with our babies. I really do have a terrific life.

No comments: